We’re Looking for an Evaluation and Fundraising Intern
EVALUATION AND FUNDRAISING INTERN
Unpaid, 2 days/week, September – December, 2012, based in London
Application deadline: August 15, 2012
Are you interested in getting some meaningful work experience with a growing international youth charity? PYE – Partners for Youth Empowerment is looking for a highly motivated intern to support us in this exciting period of expansion.
PYE– Partners for Youth Empowerment – is a UK and US Charity that provides breakthrough training and support to individuals and organizations internationally on leading high-impact creativity and arts-based empowerment programs for youth based on our Creative Community Model. Responding to the challenges of engaging teens world-wide, our methods provide youth work practitioners with powerful tools to engage with youth on a deeper level, increasing confidence, building leadership skills and guiding them to become creatively engaged in responding to the unprecedented challenges that youth and society face. We have trained thousands of practitioners on 5 continents who reach hundreds of thousands of young people each year with programs that work.
Through this internship, you will get a first hand experience in what it takes to run a global charity, supporting the team in exploring new opportunities for funding our global programs, help with organising an event to launch an external evaluation report in the fall and generally help us to keep things running smoothly.
- Support Managing Director to organise launch event and materials for PYE’s International programme evaluation in fall 2012
- Help with communications with current donors
- Conduct research into potential corporate sponsors and new funding sources (including Trusts and Foundations in the US and UK)
- Tracking deadlines, application requirements and helping to draft grant applications and proposal
- Supporting the development of presentation materials to be used in gaining support from corporate donor
- Maintaining a database and providing general support to the organization
- Significant contribution to success of well organized evaluation launch event in fall 2012 (scheduled for November – date TBC)
- List of new fundraising leads and potential funding sources
- Updated database of contacts that will allow us to communicate with our key stakeholders
Terms of work:
- The position is unpaid and the candidate agrees to work on a voluntary basis
- The candidate is expected to work remotely and be available for in person meetings in London when needed.
- The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, organized and pro-active in accomplishing assigned tasks. The candidate will meet with the Managing Director 1 x week (in person or by Skype) to report on progress made
- The candidate shall provide her own computer and phone to perform the duties outlined above
- The candidate agrees to spend up to 2-3 days per week on a regular basis in completing this scope of work
- The position reports to the Managing Director
If you are interested in applying for this internship, we would like to hear from you. Please send us your CV and an email telling us why you would be the best person for this role!
Application deadline: August 15, 2012, 18:00pm GMT