We’re Looking for an Intern to Help Us Organize Our International Gathering
INTERNATIONAL GATHERING INTERN
Unpaid, 2 days/week, September – December, 2012, based in London
Application deadline: August 15, 2012
Are you interested in getting some meaningful work experience with a growing international youth charity? PYE – Partners for Youth Empowerment is looking for a highly motivated intern to support us in organising our first-ever international gathering of social artists scheduled for Summer 2013.
PYE– Partners for Youth Empowerment – is a UK and US Charity that provides breakthrough training and support to individuals and organizations internationally on leading high-impact creativity and arts-based empowerment programs for youth based on our Creative Community Model. Responding to the challenges of engaging teens world-wide, our methods provide youth work practitioners with powerful tools to engage with youth on a deeper level, increasing confidence, building leadership skills and guiding them to become creatively engaged in responding to the unprecedented challenges that youth and society face. We have trained thousands of practitioners on 5 continents who reach hundreds of thousands of young people each year with programs that work.
Through this internship, you will get a first hand experience in what it takes to organise an international event, supporting the team in all aspects of bringing our international network of trainers together for a week-long gathering.
- Support Gathering Coordinator to organise international gathering scheduled for fall 2013
- Help with communications, logistics, budgeting and development of materials for the event
- Assist with fundraising efforts with research and applications
- Tracking deadlines, application requirements and helping to draft grant applications and proposals to support the gathering
- Maintaining a current database related to the gathering
- Significant contribution to success of well organized gathering scheduled for Summer of 2013
- List of new fundraising leads and potential funding sources
Terms of work:
- The position is unpaid and the candidate agrees to work on a voluntary basis
- The candidate is expected to work remotely and be available for in person meetings in London when needed.
- The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, organized and pro-active in accomplishing assigned tasks. The candidate will meet with the Gathering Coordinator 1 x week (in person or by Skype) to report on progress made.
- The candidate shall provide her own computer and phone to perform the duties outlined above
- The candidate agrees to spend up to 2-3 days per week on a regular basis in completing this scope of work
- The position reports to the Gathering Coordinator
If you are interested in applying for this internship, we would like to hear from you. Please send us your CV and an email telling us why you would be the best person for this role!
Application deadline: August 15, 2012, 18:00pm GMT