We’re Hiring! Administrative Coordinator – Part Time
Part time, London UK, Competitive Salary
Posting Date:23 August, 2012
Application Deadline: 6 September, 2012 (5:00pm)
Location: London, UK
Function: Administrative Support
Contract Type: 1 Year
Hours: Part Time (2 days/week)
Salary: Details on application
PYE – Partners for Youth Empowerment – is an international charity that provides breakthrough training and support to individuals and organisations around the world on using creativity and the arts to empower youth. Responding to the challenges of engaging teens world-wide, our methods provide youth work practitioners with powerful tools to engage with youth on a deeper level, increasing confidence, building leadership skills so that they become creatively engaged in responding to the unprecedented challenges that youth and society face. PYE is currently active in the US, Canada, UK, India, Uganda, and Brazil and is expanding to new regions.
PYE is growing and expanding and we are seeking a dynamic, organised and motivated individual to provide top quality administrative support to the UK charity. The Administrative Coordinator will ensure that all of PYE’s work is underpinned by highly efficient administrative systems so that PYE can be effective in supporting youth worldwide. PYE has been a registered charity in the US for 3 years and more recently in the UK (March 2011).
- Accounting: Track, record and make payment on all organisational expenditures; generate financial reports; maintain and reconcile bank account; oversee payroll, including vendors, professional services and facilitation contractors; review and satisfy tax responsibilities and ensure compliance with UK tax codes. Track, record and process PYE UK donations including on-line donations, generate donations reports as needed. Report on and review organisation’s finances with the Managing Director monthly. Maintain relationship with auditors and accountants and use services when needed.
- Program Compliance: Ensure that organisation is in compliance with Companies House and HRMC. Respond to official requests for information (including audits); supply information for annual reports; oversee tax submissions.
- Contracts: With the Managing Director, generate, administer and monitor contracts including those with agency partners, consultants and fee-for- service contractors.
- Database: Maintain Salesforce database for all PYE Global contacts including donors, potential funders, friends, partner organisations.
- Fundraising & Grants: Maintain a computerized database of donors and related information. With Managing Director, track and respond to grant requirements. Support all fundraising initiatives as needed.
- Communication: Coordinate quarterly report and board package for Board of Directors, distribution of Newsletter and other communications materials through database.
- General Administrative Support: Provide general administrative support to PYE Global staff as needed including travel plans and logistics, organising expenses and other administrative tasks. Assist with set up of software systems to facilitate administration and operations of PYE Global.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in providing effective admin support to UK Charity (ideally with international operations) including legal and financial reporting
- Highly proficient computer skills – including word, excel, internet
- Proficiency in using accounting software (ideally Quickbooks)
- Experience managing organisational database (ideally Salesforce)
- Familiarity with Charity fundraising (including on-line platforms such as Just Giving, BT MyDonate)
- Highly organized, proactive and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to take initiative and prioritise and work well under pressure
- Shared commitment to PYE’s mission to empower youth
Terms of Work:
- The candidate is expected to work remotely
- The ability to attend meetings via Skype and in person in London is essential.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining why you are the best person for the job to Gwyn Wansbrough, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline 5:00pm September 6, 2012. Interviews w/c 10 September in London, UK. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.